Today not only marks the due-date of my 20+ page seminar paper, but also Wordification’s first birthday!
This timing is fitting, as I have had Rihanna’s “Birthday Cake” stuck in my head ALL.WEEK.LONG.
I started this blog a year ago after having a breakdown in a Verizon store. When I say breakdown, I mean I started crying in the middle of the store after dropping my phone in the toilet and attempting to replace it on my lunch break. You can read about it here. At the time, the tears were really sprouting from my frustrations at not having a job yet for my next Masters (this was pre House Mom offer), working to finish my first Masters, and having to deal with all of this during a two-day holistic scoring marathon.
Writing a blog was something I had considered for a while, and a year ago today, I felt like I finally had something to write about. I’ll admit now it’s not my best blog entry ever but, hey, it was a start right? And you have to start somewhere, because here I am a year later still going strong with this little guy.
Thanks to everyone who regularly follows and reads Wordifications. Your continued support, comments, and readership means a lot! I would be writing this even if no one was reading it, but I love being able to share my half-crazed thoughts with those who are interested enough to go along with them.
It’s been over a week since my last post. Things that have happened in the meantime:
- I’ve been perfecting braids and sock bun curls, thanks to this helpful hair guide. The sock bun curls have been hit or miss, but they definitely take waaaay less time than actually curling hair.
- My apartment is a ridiculous mess and if I found a family of bugs living underneath one of the stacks of papers I honestly wouldn’t be surprised.
- I almost killed baby birds by having a hole on the front porch covered. Turns out a nest is back there, so they unpluggd the hole and the birds can live. I don’t want that on my conscious!
- The guys in my house move out next week and I’m super sad about it.
- I am one paper and one oral exam away from completing my first year as an MFA student!
Again, thanks for reading. You are all awesome!