The countdown is on. I leave for India in 15 days.
Actually, the countdown has been on for quite a while, I just haven’t gotten around to sitting down and writing this post. I meant to do it a month out from my trip, but that came right after I had to travel home unexpectedly for a family reason. The next week, I was wrapping up my school work for what concludes my 4th year in graduate school.
Two here, two in Missouri. Also, can you believe I’ve been in grad school the same amount of time I was in undergrad? And that I started this blog just over two years ago?
But that’s beside the point.
I finally have a little time to devote to this post instead of writing something on the fly. If you’re a frequent visitor (don’t all raise your hands at once), you’ll notice I updated my countdown at the bottom of the screen. It says INDIA to signify the days left until I leave for a 6-week trip.
That’s right. A SIX-WEEK TRIP!
Sing that to the tune of three-hour tour, please.
I am beyond excited to embark on this journey. In 2011, I spent three weeks in India and absolutely loved it. Before I dive into what I’m excited about for this trip, I’ll highlight a few of the amazing places I got to visit last time.
photo cred for these go to me and Rahul.
Not only is my boyfriend of 2 1/2 years there–finishing up medical school–but the country itself is pretty amazing. Here’s a few things I have to look forward to on this upcoming trip:
- Six weeks with Rahul. (!!!!!!!)
- Visiting Jaipur (the Pink City!) again.
- Traveling to new places, like Mumbai and Nainital.
- Working on my MFA thesis. As my friend Jesse said, “If I don’t write a novel this summer, I might never write a novel.” Wise words to apply this summer for myself.
- FINALLY getting to meet Rahul’s dogs. One of them was wining outside Rahul’s door the other day. He said it was because of the storm outside, but I really think it was because she’s just too darn excited to meet me.
- Two day-long layovers in London, (!!!!!) a new city for me.
- All the exciting things that come along with traveling while also with your most favorite person in the world.
- Remembering to blog during the trip, unlike last time. This will probably be the easiest way for me to keep in touch with everyone.
Sidenote: teach my parents how to Skype
- And lastly…getting to eat rusk again. Sigh.
I’m really excited for this adventure to start and wish it would just get here already!