Hi, everyone! Thanks so much for visiting my blog.
I’m Katherine, and I love to write. I picked up writing in 2nd grade after watching one of my friends write. I thought it looked cool and decided to follow in her footsteps. My first “book” was a construction paper cut-out of a cat’s face, containing a story about a disobedient kitten that was “published” in my 2nd grade classroom library. Since then, I have worked on my writing skills and updated my material a little bit.
I’ve had stories published in Glasschord & Big Muddy and have been reviewed on newpages.com. Many of my stories are loosely based in Cape Girardeau, MO, where I lived for two years while obtaining an MA in English, and also where the movie Gone Girl was filmed (your fun fact of the day). I also have an MFA in Fiction Writing from the University of Maryland. I now teach English comp at a few colleges in the DC-area.
I started this blog four years ago because I personally find myself hilarious. But who doesn’t? In all seriousness, I started the blog as a way to release some of my writing energy and describe things in my life that I found hilarious, relatable, and/or noteworthy. My first post was about crying in a Verizon store after I dropped my phone in the toilet. That entire incident is representative of the kind of ridiculousness you will find on Wordifications.
On this blog, you’ll find any of the following: my obsessions with certain TV shows, the adventures of planning a wedding, my travels within and outside the US, my coffee addiction, random musings on life, and anything else in between.
- I’m getting married!
- I drink no less than 3 cups of coffee a day. It’s my go-go juice.
- While getting my MFA, I served as the House Director for an on-campus fraternity. I lived with Phi Sigma Kappa for 2 ½ years and loved it. While the house was often stinky and the basement often covered in food, the guys were great and I definitely grew in my people skills.
- I’ve seen every episode of “Gilmore Girls” more times than I can count and consider myself just a little obsessed with the show.
- I’ve been to India twice, where my fiancé lived for six years. You can find posts about my travels underneath the header. I love India!
- I’ve also seen the Pope twice, but I’m not Catholic.
- I’m a hoarder of Birchbox boxes. If they would stop making them so damn cute, I wouldn’t have this problem.
- I struggle being on time and even fractured my leg once because of it. I have a disease called “lollygagging dawdler” which usually hits right when I need to get ready to go somewhere.
- I hate being called any variation of my last name. Even though I am very attached to my last name, and am considering keeping it as a middle name when I get married, I have a first name for a reason, people!
- I have a J. Crew problem.